Peace Management and Conflict Resolution is officially opened.
The peace management and conflict resolution course is an interdisciplinary course whose aim is to introduce learners from a variety of backgrounds to the analysis of conflict, violence, and peace. The specific purpose of the course is to help identify and use tools that can guide in working towards a more sustainable peace.
The course consists of four modules, each consist of three units.
The following modules compose the Program:
Module 1 – Introduction to Peace Management
Module 2 – Conflict Mapping and Analysis
Module 3 – Conflict Resolution and Transformation
Module 4 – Peace Management and Preservation
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss and explain the concept of conflict and different types of
- Trace and explain some of the causes of conflict such as power, identity, culture, and resources among
- Define and explain the concepts of conflict resolution, conflict transformation, and conflict
- Identify and describe various types of tools commonly used in conflict analysis.
- Identify and discuss three dimensions of peace building and
- Explain the importance of using gender and youth lenses in peace building and conflict resolution
The Program will be delivered as a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC*) in English, French and Portuguese. It will also later be available as a self-learning course.
It will be a one-month course with each module being delivered in one week with a workload of 4-6hours.
This course will not be certified by AVU, but a certificate of completion can be printed.